There are three distinct stakeholders in the construction industry. There can be variations and additions to this outline, however this is the basic pecking order of the industry.
- The owner that needs a new facility or a renovated facility
- The designer that puts the plan together for the new or renovated facility
- The builder that accomplishes the designed plan and ultimately hands over the desired finished product to the owner.
It is said that construction is one of the most if not the most inefficient industries in the world. The reason being is construction is not an assembly line production and every construction project is never exactly the same as the last. With that being said, there is a major role to be played in the Quality Assurance of construction. All three stakeholders listed above have a part in the quality of the project but over the years there has been a push for third party agencies to join the team and assist with Quality Assurance.
Cass Cura is a company that is answering the call for third party quality assurance. We Test and Inspect to provide a level of assurance that the finished construction product has the Quality that is needed to meet the requirements of code, functionality, aesthetics, sustainable, etc.
For new construction we provide services “Before and During the process” to ensure the design is followed.
For existing facilities we provide services “After the Fact” that assist in determining if the As Built Conditions do adhere to the design and we provide services to determine the effects of age, forces of nature and forces of man on the facility.
The following list gives you an idea of our inspection services however, inspections is where we see the most requests for services that fall “outside” our listed services. If you have a project and you feel the need for an extra set of eyes to help monitor the process, give us a call and we can discuss the options that will best assist you.
- Reinforced Concrete
- Structural Masonry
- Prestressed Concrete (Precast/pretensioned and post tensioned)
- Epoxy and Mechanical bolts, rebar and anchors
Non Destructive Testing
- UT, Ultrasonic Testing of Steel
- MT, Magnetic Particle Testing of Steel
- DP, Dye Penetrant Testing of Steel
- Stone Veneer
- Architectural Masonry
- Fire caulking
- Deep Foundations
- Mass Grading
- Shallow Foundations
- Retaining walls
- Construction Monitoring
- Engineer of Record for installation of Utilities